Today, digital marketing strategy is turning into a significant piece of the advertising procedures of companies. These techniques are like the conventional promoting systems that are received by organizations with regards to objectives and mission. This is because both strategies target making brand mindfulness and help organizations to connect with customers on the online. Digital Marketing Strategy is advantageous to each sort of business and explicitly independent ventures. Private companies that are not executing advanced showcasing techniques to their business should need to comprehend its significance. The explanation is that digital marketing systems help their business to grow well in such a serious market. Digital marketing covers all parts of online advancement from content creation to offer items or services.
Here are the fundamental zones of digital marketing that each small business ought to embrace in their marketing strategies. A portion of these systems are effective for online agencies and others for online organizations.
Digital Marketing Statistics
Here are 50+ digital marketing insights, digital marketing strategy shared by industry-driving firms, advertisers, examine groups, and sites, identified with little and medium online organizations. In gathering this information, I attempted my best to curate and approve the latest data for beginning a business and SME showcasing getting ready for 2020.
The following numbers centre on the patterns both in B2B and B2C businesses. These details will assist you in understanding the viability of the pillars on which online marketing stands. Because of this information, you can distribute your financial limit for various promoting channels and develop your business on the online.
General Business Statistics
- 99.9% of the U.S employers are small business owners.
- 92% of small business owners think that having a website is the most effective digital marketing strategy.
- 79% of entrepreneurs with a business website expect to grow at least 25% in the next three to five years, compared to 64% of those without a site.
- Only 64% of small businesses have their own website.
- 50% of small businesses survive five years or more.
- In 2019, there were more than 5.11 billion people around the world using a mobile phone – a year-on-year increase of 2.7% – with smartphones accounting for more than two-thirds of all devices in use today.
- The number of smartphone users worldwide is expected to rise up to 3.8 billion.
- Over 230 million consumers in the U.S. own smartphones, around 100 million U.S. consumers own tablets.
- By 2019, 94% small business websites were mobile friendly.
- Up to 70% of web traffic happens on a mobile device.
Online Shopping & E-Commerce
- The average shopping cart abandonment rate is 69.57%.
- StableWP reported that by optimizing the checkout process of a customer, the number of people who proceeded to complete the purchase rose by 5.3% which resulted in a 28% growth and an extra $270K in sales.
- 80% of smartphone users use mobile phones for shopping research. And 80% of those shoppers do their mobile research in store.
- 56% of participants report visiting a brick-and-mortar store after receiving a deal or offer on their mobile device when they were near the store.
- In 2017, consumers opted to purchase or reserve items, track the status, receive updates and facilitate pick-up all from their smartphone.
- Ideally, your website page load time should not exceed 3 seconds — on mobile or desktop.
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience.
- 80% of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies with mobile sites or apps that help them easily answer their questions.
- 46% of people say they would not purchase from a brand again if they had an interruptive mobile experience.
- Added to that, research has shown that 40% of people will abandon your website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Search Engine Marketing
- 47% of small businesses spend $10,000 or less on digital marketing each year.
- Google drives around 70% of mobile search traffic, followed by Baidu and Bing at around 10%.
- Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second (on average). That means it processes over 3.5 billion searches per day which accumulate to 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
- Businesses using Google AdWords earn about $3 for every $1.60 they spend for every $1.60 they spend.
- The #1 result in Google’s organic search results has an average click-through rate of 31.7%.
Social Media Marketing
- In 2021, the social network is projected to generate 94.69 billion U.S. dollars in ad revenues, up from 55.01 billion U.S. dollars in 2018.
- Total ad spending on social media will increase to $76 billion in 2020.
- There are 5.11 billion unique mobile users in the world today, up 100 million (2%) in 2019.
- With almost 2.5 billion monthly active users as of the fourth quarter of 2019, Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide.
- Today 72% of the US public uses some type of social media.
- Around the world, 4.3 billion people have email. This is approximately half of the world’s population.
- Gmail had about 1.5 billion monthly active users in 2019.
- By late 2017, Outlook.com had over 400 million users.
- Email’s ROI is 122%. It’s four times higher than social media, paid search, and direct mail.
- Customers receiving cart abandonment emails are 2.4x likely to convert than those who receive only one follow up email.
Blogging and Content Marketing
- 76% of marketers use inbound marketing approach as their primary strategy.
- 10% blog posts are compounding, meaning organic search increases their traffic over time up to 40%.
- 49% of podcast listeners do so while at home.
- 53% of the businesses are convinced that content marketing delivers ROI that they can measure.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13x more likely to see positive ROI.
- Content marketing generates three times as many prospects as outbound marketing, but costs 62% less.
- Improving brand awareness (42%) and increasing sales revenue (41%) are among the most critical challenges that marketers faced in 2019.
- In the same survey, improving brand awareness is a primary objective for a content marketing engagement strategy to achieve for 55% of marketing influencers.
- The inability to generate enough qualified leads was an impactful barrier to 37.8% of sales leaders to achieving success in 2019.
- 40% of marketing influencers consider their strategy to be very successful, or best-in-class compared to competitors.
SMBs + Digital Marketing
- Less than 8% of total B2B product sales are closed directly through the Internet, versus 15% for B2C products
- Studies show that between 70-80% of people research a company online BEFORE visiting the small business or making a purchase with them
- 72% small businesses focus on increasing revenue, but they also see great value in establishing new customer relationships (60%), and marketing and advertising (46%)
- 43% of SMBs says that improving customer experience and retention is their top strategy to improve revenue growth
- 30% say that keeping up with technology advances is a major concern of small business owners
Small business marketing is particularly required however yet to arrive at its primary level. That is most if the greater part of the entrepreneurs despite everything need to know:
- How online marketing do works
- How to utilize the web adequately
- How to use social media to their most extreme
If you are a small business owner, you should think about digital marketing strategies and statistics. You can collaborate them with your marketing plans and get better results for your company.
Opportunity Health Center
Mobile Payments Today
Micro Computer resource
Source:The Radicati Group